Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies (ie – bits of tasty heaven)

So after the onslaught of cookies that the holiday season brought to my house I finally had the craving for something sweet again. I was browsing one of my favorite food sites the other day (www.seriouseats.com) and this recipe just about jumped out and kicked me in the face. I immediately started drooling and knew I had to make these cookies. I was not disappointed. These tasties come from the cook book Nigella Christmas by Nigella Lawson.


To make this little bit of toe curling heaven you need:

1c All Purpose Flour

½ tsp Baking Powder

½ tsp Salt

1c Quick Cooking Oats

1 stick Butter

½ c packed Brown Sugar

½ c Sugar

1 Egg

½ tsp Vanilla Extract

½ c Dried Cranberries

½ c Chopped Peacans

¾ c White Chocolate Chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put your flour, baking powder, salt, and your oats into a small bowl. In a big bowl put your butter (softened) and your two sugars. Mix until creamy with your hand mixer. Then add in your egg and vanilla.

Next beat in your flour mixture. Once thats good and mixed add in (stir by hand) your cranberries, pecans, and white chocolate chips.

Take a tablespoon on dough, roll by hand and place on your cookie sheet. Then take a fork and squish the balls of dough down a bit. Bake for 15 minutes. They are done when gold on the edges (mine took only 13 minutes not the full 15). Let them cool for a moment on the cookie sheet before moving to your cooling rack. Let cool a bit then eat and be delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment